If you are currently using Internet Explorer as your web browser to access WorldClassRoom, there are some upcoming changes of which you should be aware.
As of May 24, 2014, Internet Explorer version 9 (IE9) will no longer be a supported browser for use with Webster's
WorldClassRoom. (Note: all IE versions below 9 are currently not supported.)
If you are an IE9 user (or using an older version of IE), you will see a warning message when you log in stating your browser is unsupported. Over time, you may see an increase in technical issues and glitches, which may impede your ability to fully participate in your online courses.
If you are an IE9 user, we recommend that you take the following actions, so that you are prepared:
- Download Google Chrome and/or Mozilla Firefox for a better experience with WorldClassRoom. Both are free downloads and compatible with all operating systems.
- Upgrade to IE10 or IE11. Please be advised that IE10 and IE11 may not work for PC users who are using the Windows XP or older operating systems. In this case, we recommend Chrome or Firefox.
This change is particularly critical for those who may depend on computers on military networks to access their coursework. As military networks have restrictions on which browsers and versions are used, you may not be able to upgrade. In this case, the best recommendation is to ensure you have access to a personal computer with an alternate browser.
Are you having problems watching videos or accessing other multimedia in your course? Does the "Getting Started" linked to the Home page load improperly? Your browser is probably blocking the content. The good news? It's easy to fix!
Click on the link below to find out how.
All online and web enhanced courses are now being offered in Canvas. This FAQ will be your best resource to quickly find answers to questions about using the online interface and tools.
If you have a question, it's likely that someone else is wondering the same thing. Therefore, we suggest that you:
- Start by searching existing questions in the Search box above.
- If your search shows that your question hasn't already been asked, add the question yourself. The staff at the Online Learning Center will do their best to respond in a timely fashion.
- If your question can't wait, please contact the IT Service Desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free at 1-866-435-7270 during their operating hours.
The database of questions is constantly growing through your participation. We appreciate your patience during the pilot process and look forward to receiving your feedback on the FAQ and Canvas.