How do I create Turnitin submissions for an assignment?
In this tutorial you will learn how to enable Turnitin submissions for an assignment within WorldClassRoom. Instructors often utilize Turnitin to encourage academic honesty and help detour plagiarism. Not every assignment will necessarily need to utilize the Turnitin database to check for author originality. Turnitin is only applicable for assignments that are submitted online in the form of file uploads or text entries.
- Click on the Assignments tool in the Course Navigation Menu.
- Click on the assignment name.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Scroll down the assignment editor page to the Submission Type drop-down menu. Confirm that the submission type shows Online.
Note: Turnitin will only work with online submissions.
- Under the Online Entry Options section, click the check box of either Text Entry or File Uploads (you can also select both if applicable).
Note: Turnitin will only work with online submissions that are File Uploads or Text Entry
- Click the Restrict Upload File Types checkbox to specify the file types which can be uploaded.
Note: You will need to manually enter a list of accepted extensions in the Allowed File Extensions field. All file types need to be separated by a comma. You can include spaces, caps, and periods in assignment files names.
Turnitin accepts the following file formats: Microsoft Word™ (DOC and DOCX), Corel WordPerfect®, HTML, Adobe PostScript®, Plain text (TXT), Rich Text Format (RTF), Portable Document Format (PDF), and Hangul (HWP).
- Click the Enable Turnitin Submissions checkbox.
- Click on the Advanced Turnitin Settings link.
- In the pop-up window, set when the students can view the originality report by selecting one of the options in the drop-down menu.We recommend setting it to After the assignment is graded.
Note: The default setting is Immediately.
- Choose what type of sources you want Turnitin to compare the assignment submissions against. By default, the following will be checked.
- Click the Update Settings button to save the new settings.
- Verify that Turnitin has been enabled for this assignment.