Some assignments may need directions, but are not submitted, or are not submitted through Canvas. To give the assignment details, and to create a grade book column (if necessary) for a non-submitted assignment, use the following steps.
- In your course, click on Assignments from the left hand menu.
- Create a new assignment (or find the assignment you want to edit) and click more options.
- Add in the directions. Or if you are editing an assignment skip to step 5.
- If this is a graded assignment you can add or edit the point value.
- Click on Show Advanced Options
- If the assignment is graded you can leave the grading type as points, or you can change it to a non graded assignment. To change the Grading Type, Click the dropdown arrow.
Choose Not Graded from the list.
- For the submission type, click on the drop down menu.
From the menu list, choose No Submission.
- Click Update Assignment.