Here are the Turnitin guides that will assist you with creating, managing, and grading assignments that have Turnitin enabled.
- How do I create an assignment that uses Turnitin?
- How do I change Turnitin settings?
- What are the optional settings?
In addition, the Academic Resource Center has made some recommendations on the settings to be used in Turnitin-enabled Assignments: What are the Recommended Settings for Turnitin Assignments?
Issues with dates
- Click on the course and go to Assignments.
- Click on the first Assignment that has Turnitin enabled. You may encounter an error message if your dates are out of range. The next steps will fix that.
- Click Edit on the assignment to change or verify the due dates for the current term.
- Save the edits to the assignment.
- Once you have set your dates, then you will see the Turnitin User Agreement terms appear. You will need to accept these once.
- Below the assignment you will see the Turnitin assignment Inbox.
- All student submissions for the assignment will appear here. You will also still be able to access the assignments from your To Do list and from the Gradebook.
- Rubrics and Peer Review set-up will no longer appear just below the assignment. Students should be able to view the rubric from their Grades area.
- Group Assignments cannot use the new Turnitin integration.
How do you get help?
Turnitin Guides for Canvas are very helpful. If you still need assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org