Web Grading Instructions
Grades can be entered online during a two week period at the end of the term. The grading period begins on the Monday of the last week of the term and closes on the Friday of the week immediately following the official end of the term. Follow the steps below to enter grades for your class:
- Begin at Webster's Home Page (www.webster.edu).
- Log into your Connections Account.
- Click on "Quick Launch" at the top of the page and then select Faculty/Staff Academic Services.
- Connections will ask you to reenter your username and password.
- Click on the Grade Entry link on the left side of the screen.
- Set Options:
- Select graduate program to display your graduate level courses OR
- Select undergraduate program to display your undergraduate level courses
- Select the current term
- Type in the year (20xx)
- Click in the radio button next to the course where you want to enter grades.
- Click on “Select Marked Course” directly above the radio buttons.
- Make your grade entry for each student by clicking on the grade box and selecting the appropriate grade.
If you need to enter a last date of attendance, click on the month, day and year buttons to make your selections. Only enter this date if the student received a grade of F or if the student stopped attending the course at some point.
- Click “Submit Grades” (nothing will be saved until you do this)
Important Notes Instructors should take note of the following as they are entering their grades for their online students.
- Do not leave the screen until you receive the message that the grades were updated.
- Repeat this process for each of your classes.
- If you need to make changes you may do so until grade entry is closed.
- Close your browser when you are finished.