Here are the Turnitin guides that will assist you with creating, managing, and grading assignments that have Turnitin enabled.
- How do I create an assignment that uses Turnitin?
- How do I change Turnitin settings?
- What are the optional settings?
In addition, the Academic Resource Center has made some recommendations on the settings to be used in Turnitin-enabled Assignments: What are the Recommended Settings for Turnitin Assignments?
Issues with dates
- Click on the course and go to Assignments.
- Click on the first Assignment that has Turnitin enabled. You may encounter an error message if your dates are out of range. The next steps will fix that.
- Click Edit on the assignment to change or verify the due dates for the current term.
- Save the edits to the assignment.
- Once you have set your dates, then you will see the Turnitin User Agreement terms appear. You will need to accept these once.
- Below the assignment you will see the Turnitin assignment Inbox.
- All student submissions for the assignment will appear here. You will also still be able to access the assignments from your To Do list and from the Gradebook.
- Rubrics and Peer Review set-up will no longer appear just below the assignment. Students should be able to view the rubric from their Grades area.
- Group Assignments cannot be used with Turnitin.
How do you get help?
Turnitin Guides for Canvas are very helpful. If you still need assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk: email@example.com