Web Grading Instructions
Prior to finalizing your grades, be sure you have reviewed the guidelines for Incompletes.
All Webster University faculty are required to submit their final course grades to the Registrar's Office using the Online Grade Entry system generally no later than one week after the end of each term. A tutorial and detailed instruction for using the Grade Entry system follows: Begin at Webster's Home Page (www.webster.edu (Link opens in a new window))
- Log into your Connections Account
- Click on the Faculty tab
- Click on the Faculty Academic Services or Faculty/Staff Academic Services.
- Enter your Connections User Name and Password and click on OK
- Set Options:
- Select graduate program to display your graduate level courses
- Select undergraduate program to display your undergraduate level courses
- Select the current term (Spring, Summer, or Fall) for the term
- Type in the current year for the year
- Click Grade entry on the left side of the screen (it may take a few seconds to load)
- Click on the radio button next to the course that you want to enter grades
- Click on Select Marked Course directly above the radio buttons
- Make your grade entry for each student by clicking on the grade box and selecting the appropriate grade. If you need to enter a last date of attendance, click on the month, day and year buttons to make your selections. Only enter this date if the student received a grade of F or if the student stopped attending the course at some point.
- Click Submit Grades (nothing will be saved until you do this)
- Do not leave the screen until you receive the message that the grades were updated.
Repeat this process for each of your classes. If you need to make changes, you may do so until we close grade entry.
Close your browser when you are finished.
NOTE: Grades must be entered into Connections even if you previously entered them into Canvas. The Grading Portal will open approximately one week prior to finals and will close one week later on Sunday at midnight.