Before You Begin
Canvas courses are created automatically each term and instructors will be automatically added three (3) weeks before student load. If you are an instructor and don’t see a course you are teaching, verify you have been assigned in Connections, or contact your Department.
For AY 19-20, instructors should see their courses on or after the following dates:
- Spring 1 2020: December 13, 2019
- Spring 2, 2020: February 21, 2020
Setting up Your Course in Canvas
(Use the hyperlinks for more information)
- Add new content to your Canvas course using the “Files” tool.
You can upload multiple files at a time (in bulk) and can restrict or schedule student access to files.
- Add your Syllabus via Concourse or the Syllabus tool.
- Create a Homepage for organizing your content.
4. Create Assignments if you’d like to receive digital submissions.
- Publish all content you will want students to access: Modules, Assignments, Quizzes, Pages.
- Use “Student View” to see how everything will look for students before publishing your course.
- Use the most up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox for best consistency and usability.
- Set your Notifications and remind students to do so.
- Set due dates for Assignments.
Other Tools to Try